This is a great activity for Christmas morning. It will require some preparation in advance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Glow-in-the-dark stars; Bible; Nativity set that includes Mary, Joseph, a donkey, other animals, an angel, a shepherd, wise men, and baby Jesus; a cake with a candle
- When the kids are in bed, make a trail of stars from their rooms to the Christmas tree.
- Place different pieces of the nativity set along the path, ending with baby Jesus.
- When the kids wake up, help them follow the stars like the wise men did.
- At the first stop, find Mary, Joseph and a donkey & read Luke 2:1-5. Collect the figurines as you go to the next stop.
- Continue following the trail of stars to the animals and read Luke 2:6-7.
- Find the angels and shepherds at the next stop and read Luke 2:8-20.
- Follow the trail to where the wise men wait and read Matthew 2:1-2, 9-11.
- Approach the tree and have the kids focus on baby Jesus. As you turn on the tree lights, remind the kids that Jesus is the light of the world and that His birth is the reason we celebrate.
- Finish the search with worship by singing hymns.