Dear Church family,
Did you ever imagine that we would have to figure out church during a pandemic? What a great job Gateway has done maintaining unity and continuing our mission during this crazy time. I just wanted to send you a note to give you some additional details about beginning in-person gatherings again this Sunday. I know that there are a lot of opinions about the subject, but just know that our plans have been prayed over and good counsel has been sought in all areas. As we join other churches in our area over the next few weeks, here is some important information:
Saturday Night – 6:30pm
Sunday Morning 10:45 am (only one service on Sunday morning)
Sunday Night – 6:30pm
*Munford and Covington services will begin that weekend at their normal times.
*We are asking that you let us know which service you will be attending and how many are in your family.
If you prefer, you may call the church office (901) 837-8087 and our assistants can save your seat. This will help us know how many might be attending each service. When a service is full, you will be prompted to sign up for another service. For the time being, we are asking that you do this each week.
Here are some VERY important precautions to be aware of:
- Please do NOT attend if you are not feeling well, have a cough or fever, or are significantly health compromised…or if you are just not ready yet to return. It is perfectly fine not to return in these circumstances. Your safety is so important. We will maintain an online service until everyone is ready to attend.
- SEATING will be spread out in the worship center. Families can sit together, but will be at least 6 feet from others.
- MASKS will be encouraged, but not required. (It might be a good sacrifice to make if it encourages others to come back to church!) Some masks will be available if you need or want one.
- WASH hands and sanitize often. (There will be sanitizing stations in all settings)
- We will not pass offering plates or bulletins.
- Thorough cleaning will be done after each small group and worship service.
- There will be limited childcare in services for babies – 3 years. (The expectation is that most families will want to stay together. Please do NOT be afraid to bring your child with you into worship. We are looking forward to the chatter and noise!)
- Doors will be propped open, and we would ask that people not gather in the lobby area.
- Dismissal will be by family unit.
- Tables will be available at the rear of the worship center for families with children. (Children will receive activity packets prior to the service)
I realize that some may feel that these steps are excessive. We want to be sensible, but not silly with our expectations. Please remember that the goal is to be able to CONTINUE to meet in the days ahead. That means that we need to be careful now. I know that you will be respectful of others as we seek to both love our community and the most vulnerable, as well as obey our mandate and responsibility to each other.
Thanks for praying for your staff during this time. You are loved…and see you soon!
In His Love,