Wedding Facility Request
Be Sure to Read Through and Fill Out the Entire Form
FACILITIES USE POLICY
The church’s facilities were provided through God’s benevolence and by the sacrificial generosity of church members. The church desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and to bring God glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available to approved non-members as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice.
Facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs or practices that conflict with the church’s faith or moral teachings, which are summarized in, among other places, the church’s constitution and bylaws. Nor may church facilities be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed inconsistent with, the church’s faith or moral teachings. The pastor and staff are the final decision-makers concerning use of church facilities.
This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two important reasons. First, the church may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its faith. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict the church’s beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a grave violation of the church’s faith and religious practice. (2 Cor 6:14; 1 Thess 5:22.)
Second, it is very important that the church present a consistent message to the community, and that the church staff and members conscientiously maintain that message as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Allowing facilities to be used by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to the church’s faith would have a severe, negative impact on the message that the church strives to promote. It could also cause confusion and scandal to church members and the community because they may reasonably perceive that by allowing use of our facilities, the church agrees with the beliefs or practices of the persons or groups using its facilities. Therefore, in no event shall persons or groups who hold, advance, or advocate beliefs, or advance, advocate, or engage in practices that contradict the church’s faith use any church facility. Nor may church facilities be used in any way that contradicts the church’s faith. This policy applies to all church facilities.
Approved Users and Priority of Use
The pastor or church council must approve all uses of church facilities. Generally, priority shall be given to church members, their immediate families, and organized groups that are part of the ministry, organization, or sponsored activities of the church. Church facilities and equipment will be made available to non-members or outside groups meeting the following qualifications:
1. Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs and practices and planned uses of the facilities are consistent with the church’s faith and practice.
2. The group or person seeking facility use must submit a signed Church Facility Use Request and Agreement form.
3. The group or person seeking facility use must be willing to take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used and must agree to abide by the church’s rules of conduct for facility use, as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by church staff.
Facility use requests shall be made by submitting the Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement form. The event will be reserved and placed on the church calendar only when the pastor or official designee approves the use.
PA system use and audio-visual equipment, if needed, may only be operated by an approved member of the Church. If an operator is needed there will be a minimum fee of $75 for up to 3 hours. Each additional hour will be $25. If requested, maintenance (locking/unlocking doors, HVAC, lights, cleaning, etc) and/or security staff may be made available for a fee. Wedding fees will be different.
Facility Use Guidelines
1. No alcohol may be served in church facilities. Smoking is prohibited in all facilities. Abusive or foul language and violent behavior are strictly prohibited on church premises. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be required to leave the premises.
2. Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that the group has reserved.
3. Church equipment, such as tables and chairs, must be returned to original placement, unless arranged otherwise prior to the event. No tape may be used on painted surfaces. If kitchen equipment is needed, appliance use is permissible; but consumables/cloths/dishes/decorations are not included.
4. All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon departure.
5. Clean-up is the responsibility of the group reserving the facility. Any damages to the facility will be billed to the signer.
6. If children or teens are on-site, signer assures there will be adequate supervision.
7. Any person or group must sign the Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement form prior to reservation of church facilities.
Wedding Facility Request
If you are requesting to use Gateway for your wedding, please submit this form and look for additional information via email or a phone call.