Today many people donate toys and bring them to a family as a gift around Christmas. The family receiving these gifts may be struggling to get by but may still be seeking the personal dignity that providing for their family brings. They want to buy their own Christmas gifts and give them to their family.
The Christmas with Dignity Store meets that need and desire by providing a store with donated new items available to purchase for those who might typically be unable to afford their own Christmas gifts for their family. This ministry also creates an opportunity to connect with families in need and minister to them beyond the store.
The Christmas with Dignity Store provides donors with a personal satisfaction of helping others, provides children with a better Christmas than they might otherwise receive, and restores personal dignity to our customers by allowing them to buy their own Christmas gifts.
When will the store be open? How does it work?
- The store will be open on December 2nd 2017 and be located at 101 W. Court Square in Covington
- Items in the store will be sold for roughly 10% of their full retail value
- Customers will be given a shopping pass to shop at the store. This invitation style approach alleviates the need for screening at the store.
So, what can I do?
You can participate through the following activities:
- Bring toy donations now through November 26th 2017 (see below for suggested donations).
- Be a volunteer to help with the setup and/or operation of the store. Volunteers will be needed to perform one of three main jobs.
Stock the store through the receipt of donated toys and pricing the items.
Operating the store as a cashier or customer service on December 2nd.
Being available to minister to those coming into the store seeking other voluntary assistance (prayer, counseling, witnessing, etc.).
Anyone can be a minister simply by talking to customers, helping them find items, and having a simple conversation that may open an opportunity to further minister to a customer. Sign up using the contact form:
If you or someone you know could benefit from the store, please contact the Atoka Campus office at (901) 837-8087.