It’s such a huge part of our faith.
It’s crucial to the growth process. So, it’s important to understand it.
First, what it is not:
- It’s not mumbling a prayer or song with little thought or heart. It’s not just saying or singing words.
- It’s not giving grudgingly at the offering. “Here comes that offering plate again.”
- It’s not music done for the wrong reasons or just singing words on a screen.
- It’s not enduring a sermon with your heart and mind a million miles away.
- It’s not a hurried push through the bulletin to get to lunch and check church off your list.
IT IS A CELEBRATION OF GOD ALMIGHTY!
We sing, give, pray, hear His Word, fellowship, celebrate who He is, what He’s done, and what He’s going to do. It’s us saying to God: With all my heart, I am here to lift you up. I am here to proclaim how awesome and mighty you are, tho thank you for all! Today, I will thoughtfully celebrate YOU and surrender to you.
BONUS: Gathering for worship is a HUGE statement to the world! Not only is GATHERING so important for us as we learn to love God, but many times it is the first place a searching person will make a move toward God. What people experience in a worship service is often their first step toward or away or back to God. It’s the starting point. We need that first connection. It gives us strength and motivation.
You will never be all that God wants you to be if you forsake gathering together, leaving out the foundation. What do you think?
Get these posts delivered to you inbox. Subscribe: